For a long time,I would just hope that juice wouldn't be squeezed.That my dad would wake up late.Then I got married and ever since the day,I would think of the one thing I never wanted to do.Orange juice.To such and extent,I started buying oranges and buying fresh ones off the store.8 years now and I drink orange like water.Maybe I miss my dad so much that its become like this thing I do in his honor.Every time I drink it,I always think of him and I'm so glad for it.Those were great times.
Anyways,I have been eating clementines for a couple of days and I thought why not put forward some uses of the orange peel.They smell divine and why waste them.So I found some uses of it online.Eating the fruit is beneficial for the vitamin C content.Of course,there are others fruits which have far more Vita C but this is all about the oranges.
1. Puree the orange peel in water to make a spray that will discourage ants from crossing.
2. Flies and mosquitoes don't like orange either. Small piles of zest will help discourage these pests without the use of pesticides! This could really come in handy on a picnic.
3. Simmer peels in water, add a pinch or two of cloves and a cinnamon stick for a wonderful fragrance for your home. Actually, this will help clean the air from airborne cold and flu germs! I do this through the entire winter season!
4. Dried orange peels can be placed in a cloth bag and placed in closets and cupboards to reduce musty odors.
5. A puree blend of orange peel and water can be applied to an area to discourage ants from crossing.
6. Hand moisturizer. Turn the orange inside out and rub the inner part all over your hands for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Your hands will smell soooo good after this!