Jul 11, 2012

Losing a baby!



It was one of the most dreadful things I have heard in my recent mature life.My good friend lost her a 6 day baby girl to God on Friday.I cannot imagine her sorrow,I cannot imagine her pain.

A couple of months ago she told me that her baby wasn't formed right and the doctors had told her that the baby wouldn't survive.She could pass away during birth or immediately after that.I remember that phone call and I cried so much that day.I can understand an older person passing away but a baby or a child? I tried to imagine or rather feel what my Friend was going through but it was beyond my grasp.

I kept thinking I could never handle the news at all.I questioned God's decision and plan for my friend over and over again.She told me she was meant to have this baby and she would give birth to her and hoped for the best till the very end.From that day onwards,I had a new respect for this woman and was so proud because now she was now a strong example to not just me but women around.She was a ver sensitive person and we wouldnt even try to spook her thinking she couldnt handle the surprise but she turned out to be the strongest of people I know.God bless her soul for being so brave throughout those 9 months.

I know of women who realise they are pregnant either out of wedlock or because they had one too many,so they just have the baby aborted.Many think that aborting a baby before 3 months of pregnancy cannot be counted as murder but the heart starts beating at 6 weeks.Women will refer to it as either "it" or a foetus or an embryo.Why would you do that? Coz it would otherwise personalise your baby and make it sound less human.Anyways,I personally am against abortion or triggered miscarriages.

I pray to God that such a test wouldn't be taken of anyone.I pray that women everywhere,when given an opportunity to have a baby,would respect such a gift of life and thus have healthy beautiful babies.I dreamt of being a mother since I was 13 and never got a chance to do so.But I have never wished the same for someone else coz being childless is one of the most painful experiences to go through.

Anyways,I loved these quotes,hope you do too:-

If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished ever moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle. -Irma Bombeck



A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for

No comments:

Post a Comment