Dec 5, 2011

Hatred



Monday, December 05, 2011




Hatred is very intense and strange emotion.As essential as it is,it is as powerful as love in many cases.We hate people from our guts,it sprouts from something really small or triggered by something really big.Places where hatred has reach the ultimate point is what are terrorists have.I always read about suicide bombers and after a couple of movies and documentaries,people have lost so much of love or lost it completely ,that their very reason to exist is driven from this negative effect of hatred towards anything.

The same goes with terrorists Im guessing.I wont go into the working of such political matters,the one thing I really hate to discuss or even watch on news.

Anyways,the reason I chose this topic was....."Love to hate you".I was watching this episode where this guy hates Farhan Akhtar.First of all,I think Farhan is an absolute darling.Smart,lucky,talented and really bindaas,down to earth guy. Moreover,it felt he personally hated Farhan for the personailty that he is .

There are a couple of people I would love to hate...coz they are a source of envy to me.They have something I dont.But lets keep that aside coz everyone knows tons of people they would "loveeeeeeeeeeee" to hate.

Some people we just hate.They have weird personal habits, they have such dirty households...have kids with no disciplinary backbone or cleanliness backbone or life that is so full of lies and have no idea what being organised is all about.Yup ! as many of you guessed it..I have a thing for cleanliness and hate people who dont discipline their kids enough.

In kindergarten there was this girl next to me,who drooled 24/7.She had her mouth open all the time and she drooled all over her uniform and she wiped it off on her arms when it dripped too much.I hated her with all my very being,which was a tiny being at 4 years old.Every afternoon after class,I came home and kept complaining for hours about her.I kept telling my mom,I hate her,tell the principal to throw her out of the school.I never spoke to her,ignored her and ran away everytime she came around.I met the same girl during my grad years and when I introduced myself and told her about kindergarten,she gave me this hatred filled look and from then on,she ignored me whenever she saw me in college.

During my hostel years,I hated the entire system and place so much,I had no time to hate someone in particular.Of course,there were people who did rag me and make fun of me every now and then,but all thats water under the bridge.

I read this on wictionary: an affection of the mind awakened by something regarded as unpleasant, harmful or evil.

“A Native American grandfather talking to his young grandson tells the boy he has two wolves inside of him struggling with each other. The first is the wolf of peace, love and kindness. The other wolf is fear, greed and hatred. "Which wolf will win, grandfather?" asks the young boy. "Whichever one I feed," is the reply.”


Native American Proverb Quotes

“Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.”


Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron) Quotes

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”


Hermann Hesse Quotes

I love these quotes, what i wanted to say on my blog, some intelligent person has said it in a few meaningful lines.Loving comes with ease but hatred or anger is much more easier to do coz you can sit by yourself the whole day for hours and hate someone.

Over the years I have realised that hatred has a whole lot more of damage it can unfold than help.It can indce stress and various health related problems.The most damaging being depression.As someone put it,"Hatred eats at your soul or feeds on your heart till you have none left and once they are gone,you are an empty bottomless vessel which is useless and cannot be fixed again." I have lost hair,mind,life over hatred over things I had no control off and was becoming a tar pit of a erson.Thats when I started rethinking my life again and with tons of prayers and self learning,I came back to be this happy go lucky person again.Forgiveness,humility,laughter and a good partner or friend to share your problems with.

Life is too short to hold a grudge, clear your conscious,say it loud and let your mind free from the shackles of doubt and anger and hatred.We live once.So cook and eat great food,pray with your kids and teach them about life and how important it is to live and let live.To be less condescending,to be more aware of the world around,to see the beauty in everything but also have equal knowledge of the harshness it holds in its seams.Bundle of a bunch of kids and read them stories or feed them ice cream or just bring your friends together for tea and cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment