Apr 8, 2012

Kitchen beauty secrets of the stars

They may look like goddesses on the big screen and the red carpet, but even celebrities have their off days. And although they have an entourage of stylists and make up artists to make them look sensational, some stars also have kitchen beauty secrets that they swear by. Here are a few...

Aanchal Kumar


In my profession, we use loads of make up and our timings are awkward. So dark circles develop quite frequently. A home remedy I use is to mix lemon juice and tomato juice and apply it around my eyes. Trust me, it works instantly, and is better than any under eye cream.


Mini Mathur


Once a model friend of mine told me that when you have a zit, an easy way to get rid of it is by mixing a little sugar in water and applying it on that zit. Sugar is an astringent and helps close pores. Another time, right before a shoot, my blush got over. So I rushed into the hotel's kitchen where we were shooting and took some slices of beetroot. I rubbed it on my cheek bones right before applying my make up, and you won't believe the instant glow it gave me.

Neha Dhupia

Though it tastes extremely bitter, I drink aloe vera juice everyday . I have an aloe vera plant in my house. I feel it is a cure for everything. It is not only great for the skin and blood, but it also heals cuts and bruises because of it's medicinal qualities.


Amisha Patel

For my hair, I use a mixture of almonds and oil. My grandmom would make this oil out of 15-17 different kind of Ayurvedic products, so I could apply it on my hair. I also apply raw eggs on my hair, keep it on for 15-20 minutes till it hardens, and then wash it off. This gives my hair bounce. Also, for my skin, I apply a mix of turmeric powder and besan (gram powder) added to milk or yoghurt. This makes my skin glow.

Sonal Chauhan

I personally feel that I look beautiful when I'm well fed. The moment I am hungry, I feel my face drops, so I need to be well-fed always. I also mix honey and oats and apply it on my face, leaving it for some time and then scrub it off. It works wonders.


Angela Jonsson

I use milk on my face on a regular basis. In fact, I wash my face with milk, as it cleanses my skin and softens it. I also place hot tea bags on my lips. They are great as they soften my lips and make them look fuller.


Here's what Hollywood hotties prefer...

Demi Moore

Detoxes in a rather unique way. She uses medical leeches — creatures grown in a laboratory specifically to suck the blood of a person to detoxify.


Michelle Yeoh

Uses lemon juice to keep her face clean. Best for oily skin, the acid in lemon removes natural oils and also makes stubborn dirt come off the pores.

Catherine Zeta-Jones

Uses fresh strawberries to whiten her skin. Strawberries contain malic acid, which acts as a mild astringent when mixed with baking soda. To keep her hair healthy and shiny, Catherine brushes it with castor oil, which is also known to prevent hair loss.


Julia Roberts

Soaks her hands in olive oil for a few minutes every week to keep skin soft and stop the nails from going brittle . Olive oil moisturises nails, makes them stronger and also softens one's cuticles.


Jennifer Love Hewitt

Treats pimples with toothpaste. Applying a dab of toothpaste to the pimple overnight dries it out, in much the same way that prescription acne remedies do.


Teri Hatcher

Pours two cups of red wine into her bath every night to help soften her skin.


Jessica Biel

Keeps her skin youthful by mixing two teaspoons of sugar with her cleanser, and using it as a scrub.


Mariah Carey

Applies a dab of peppermint extract to her lips, which is known to increase blood flow to the lips and give her a sultry pout.


Cindy Crawford

Keeps her face moisturised by mixing equal parts of full fat milk and mineral water and keeping it in a spray bottle, which she sprays on her face throughout the day for extra moisture.


Miranda Kerr

Makes sure she takes four tablespoons of coconut oil without fail everyday either on her salads, her cooking or in her green tea, which she says is good for everything from skin and hair to weight loss.





No comments:

Post a Comment