Skip to main content

Im was wet !

I just didn't know what to cook anymore yesterday,so I told my hubby I would make him healthy sandwiches for lunch and cook something for dinner.Our a/c hasn't been cooling as such and when you live in a tiny apartment in these hot summers,you literally tend to feel cooked if you have to do chores as well.

The repairmen didn't show up at all,I waited for them the whole day.We had sandwiches,my hubby left for work,I took a shower coz I was feeling all sticky and then the kids dropped by.Once that was over,I had tea and decided to buy some fresh chicken and cook dinner.

In the middle of all that chopping,grinding,peeling onions and garlic,cleaning the chicken,stirring the pot and adding masalas,I could feel my body drowning in my own sweat.I kept a table fan nearby but it wasn't giving any relief.I was so pissed off at that time.I wanted to bang the fan against the wall,I wanted to beat someone black and blue.My hair soaked,then my undies,then my clothes,The sweat was pouring into my eyes.I was getting all crazy...I wanted to kick my hubby when he returned for not listening to me and buying a damn a/c unit long back.

Then my hubby comes home.He's all tired but he was expecting to see me all cheerful.Instead he sees this melting pot of body fluids and piss offs.The first thing he did as usual was hug me and then he expressed his condolence.Being a bhartiya nari,I melted at this very thought and all was OK.I completed my chicken with cauliflower curry,flavoured rice in a jiffy and went to take my shower.But now I'm like,maybe he knows the secrets of the trade....hehehhehhe....I think men eventually know ,just the way we know,how to click the right buttons.This way,all's well in hell.;>

i don't remember if back in my college days or in India,I excreted so much moisture from my body.I do remember the month of may every,just before the monsoons began.My brother,sister and I never left our apartment.we sat in our underwear right under the fan with cotton cloths,lay down on the tiled floors and stayed indoors till late evenings.There could be no shame,so we wore baniyaans and short shorts and lay there like piglets praying for the monsoons to arrive.we showered twice or thrice a day.We drank tender coconut,bought our stock of Nycil powder for heat rashes,drank tons of thumbs up or pepsi or buttermilk,or whatever cold we could find our hands on.There was one complex back then...Saibeen complex,and my sister and I would roam around wearing bermuda shorts and tshirts and toilet slippers,sandals.We could care less for our appearance coz if we wanted to go out,no way we were wearing all those clothes in such hot weather.

I have given my hubby an ultimatum that by the end of this month ,I want a split unit.The temperatures are just going to continue soaring.And with ramadan just a few months away,i don't want to take a chance.I love sweating,its not all bad.My skin gets great,my pores get clean but I don't take heat very well.After a while,it makes me bitchier.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty secrets : Multani Mitti

I was 20 when during my monthly eye brow shaping,my beautician was like you should try a facial.But I refused As my skin has been always too sensitive and the marks of anything and everything from simple burns to blemishes takes years to fade off.That's when she told me about multani mitti.As usual I didn't pay any attention initially but she was like,you can clean your face weekly with this mud pack made with rose water and your skin would be simply clean.I tried it whenever my eyes caught hold of the pack in my cupboard.Then 10 years later,it again became a staple in my cupboard but now I use it every week.

What is Multani mitti?

Its a type of mud,smells like clean mud and feels like mud on your skin.I reckon if one uses chemicals like bleach on the face,this would be a lovely soothing alternative in your beauty regimen.

I buy this chunk of of this rock like thing and sit at home and break them into small pieces and grind them in a mortar and pestle.I was scared to use my gr…

Foods to avoid if you have rheumatoid arthritis (RA)

Eating fruits and vegetables may help to prevent rheumatoid arthritis. A study from the Mayo Clinic showed that women who ate diets higher in fruits and vegetables were less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis. This study doesn't show that eating fruits and vegetables will improve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis; however, everyone should eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day.

There are some foods that may help you feel better by reducing inflammation. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids may help to reduce inflammation. Choose foods with healthy fats such as fish, walnuts, soy, canola oil, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. Here's a list of my favorite anti-inflammatory foods.

Anti- Inflammatory Foods :

What to Eat

Fats and Oils. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in cold-water oily fish,flax seedscanola oil and pumpkin seeds. Consumption ofmonounsaturated fatty acids found in olive oil, avocados, and nuts has been linked to reduced risk of cardiovascula…

Camel

You must be wondering what the heck has she written about urine.Is it one the tests she had taken or some disease.

Actually yesterday some friend of my husband told him that eating camel meat stew is beneficial for people with muscle and bone problems and that very soon he would make me feast on it.I personally love camel meat,its tastier,lighter than beef,its just a beautiful meat but its a little more time to cook than the normal meat.So I thought why not find out the benefits of camel meat and while doing so,came across this article about camel urine benefits.

Don't go yuck people,I think in India,people bathe in cow urine when they have some skin infection.My brother and I did this as very small kids.We had been on a holiday to India and developed some skin eczema or chicken pox or measles....so as usual my granny said try this as well when the western medications failed.I know camel meat may not be available in India as commonly as out here but there is nothing wrong in know…